Tuesday, February 5

The halfway mark...is getting close!

I went to Amazon.com for the super savings with the shipping, and I got 3 books.

The Thinking Woman's Guide to a Better Birth, by Henci Goer
This book is basically about medical stories and I think it basically tries to disect the truth from myth.

Ina May's Guide to Childbirth, by Ina May Gaskin
From looking at the contents, the first half of the book seems to be birth stories, the other half educational tools for birth. It has excellent reviews.

Journey into Motherhood: Inspirational Stories of Natural Birth, by Sheri L. Minelli
From my personal understanding this book has multiple birth stories, and accounts from birthing mothers, and their partners. I have read about 3 or 4 stories. They give advice, and provide what they used to prepare for birthing at the end of each story. Another way to prepare for a positive birth.

I have only looked at the books briefly, and I can't read them all at once....I think I'm done buying books for now...I'm going to focus on reading them. Finally someone read to me the "Bubble of Peace" However, I have not started the Class #2. I will this weekend...I think Saturday for the first part, and Sunday for the second...and I will start Class #3 next Saturday. I will dwell, and do my birth affirmations for the rest of the week and continue to relax to Class #1.

Anyway, I wanted to let anyone know what I have done to prepare myself for my next birth, hopefully with the intentions that if everything is successful, as I desire, you can use similar tools to help yourself, or better tools...The point is to continue to learn and grow.

No comments: