Saturday, March 8

My entire middle part trembles....

It is a great and awesome feeling to know that the baby is kicking and moving inside of me. It is absolutely wonderful to know that the body is working to its maximum potential and developing a strong and healthy baby.

Hypnobabies
I finally started class #2, and I'm practically done with this class. I have done the first part 3 times, and the second part 2 times, and I have been doing the affirmations. The great part about it was that I feel that somehow it is doing what it is supposed to do, because when the session is done, I wake up!! I think I'm going into hypnotic amnesia.

Guide to a Better Birth
I have been looking at Henci Goer's book, and reading the First Concensus Initiative of the Coalition for Improving Maternity Services (CIMS). This has philosophical principles that address the issues of movement during labor, eating while in labor, interventions, breastfeeding, VBAC, etc. I wish I would have read half of what I have read for this pregnancy...I feel so much prepared, informed, and relaxed about the outcome that I will have when the baby comes...

The Vaccine Guide
A good person told me a few weeks ago to get this book to make informed decisions about vaccinations. I received a copy of the book "The Vaccine Guide: Risk and Benefits for Children and Adults" by Randall Neustaedter, OMD. This book is a very comprehensive book that discusses the incidence and likelihood of diseases for which we receive immunizations. It also discusses the legal requirements and different legal exemptions that can be possibly used (philosophical, medical and religious). When discussing legal exemptions he quotes a book written by T. Finn (1983) called "Dangers of Compulsory Immunizations: How to Avoid them Legally" in which he states that you can prevent going to litigation by asking the school board, the hospital, and the physician administering the vaccine that the vaccine will not cause disease, death or injurious side effects. In essence, if the document is worded correctly, not one person can guarantee and sign a paper stating that the vaccine is completely safe, and the child would be allowed to go to class.

No comments: