Friday, December 14

the 9 week visit

I hadn't spoken much about the baby, because they usually say to wait until the end of the 1st trimester....Well, at the end of 12 weeks, it will be pretty much the end of the 1st Trimester...

In what I think might have been the 4th week of my pregnancy, I began to suspect that I was pregnant, I did the home pregnancy test, and it was positive. Than at about 5 weeks, I decided to just go ahead to the regular OB/GYN, after all, the doctor did say that he was doing a VBAC.

Well, I had a blood test, which indicated that I was 5 weeks pregnant, and they told me to return in 2 weeks, I think I returned in about 3 weeks for the ultrasound. The ultrasound indicated that I was 9 weeks and 2 days pregnant....from what I could see, it looked like the shape of a head and body, wiggling around in my uterus. It was perfectly coming together...The doctor said you "have" to come back from some test during the 11 to 13 weeks of pregnancy, and since you had a c-section, you are automatically scheduled for a c-section. He stated, "I don't know any other physicians at St. Barnabas Medical Center who do VBAC, because they are extremely dangerous."

As you can see, I had to run from there as far as possible...

I have elected not to do that chromosonal testing from 11 to 13 weeks. First of all, if it indicates that the child has a certain percentage of having any type of problem, I'm not going to elect an abortion, and science has not developed anything special to prevent or change the situation. Why poke myself unecessarily....I thought...All these pregnancy tests are optional folks, you don't HAVE to do anything.

Anyway, I decided to go see a CNM and an OB, and right now, I'm sticking the CNM...I think I'll have a better learning experience, and I should be able to GESTATE IN PEACE....

No comments: