Thursday, September 1

Homebirth! and New Jersey

About 3 months ago, I discovered that home birth after a c-section is not possible in New Jersey. If I want to home birth, I find to find the home of someone in New York to provide me their home, to actually home birth...since they are the neighboring states, or find an underground midwife, or a traveling midwife, and pay out of pocket.

I am very disappointed and frustrated at the laws that are created to supposedly protect us. Is there a waiver that I can sign, such as those that I do with vaccines! Let me have my choice! I already know that my body can birth, why do I have to submit to your rules! I know I can do unassisted, but that was not or is not my plan at the moment.

My advice to you is if this is your first birth, hire a competent midwife, and have a home birth...HOSPITALS are not safe, but can be dangerous during birth for a low risk mother. These are not my words, but the words of many professionals. You have chances of having a safer birth in 30 plus other countries, than in a United States hospital.

1 comment:

Organic Hispanic Health said...

I can attest to that first-hand. Great job getting the word out!